This new tool could make your life easier: The Cloud came to save the day… and save your data. Here is all you need to learn before you take a step into efficiency, flexibility and a faster communication with your business partners.
No, we are not talking about the white stuff in the sky. “The Cloud” is a metaphor for the Internet, it refers to the software that allows you to store and access data and programs over the web instead of your computer´s hard drive. It also accepts connections and distributes information.
Unlike the hard drive, where you use local storage and everything you need is physically close to you, the storage system of The Cloud consists in accessing data or programs through the Internet, or at least have that data synchronized with other information.
THE CLOUD´S ADVANTAGES
Google Drive is a great example. It has a word processor based on The Cloud, and everything you write is automatically saved in there, no need to ensure that the work is saved. Cloud-based services such as this one allow users to trust that the service provider will take care of file storage.
Cloud computing also offers private or public services, such as an email account based on the cloud. However, many companies use virtual private networks (VPN) to access secure private clouds, like those that are only accessible to people working in a particular company or department.
In regards to money, that’s not a problem. Many cloud computing services are available on demand and are quite affordable. You will likely pay more or less depending on the capacity that you need month to month, instead of buying an expensive computer network and realizing it was bigger than what you actually needed (or smaller).
BENEFITS THE CLOUD CAN PROVIDE TO YOUR BUSINESS
- Reduced costs of IT services: instead of buying expensive equipment for your company, you can move to cloud computing and reduce the cost of managing and maintaining your IT systems.
- Scalability (pondría un sinónimo): your company can expand or reduce its operations quickly and storage needs to adapt to your situation, which allows flexibility as your needs change. The Cloud optimizes work time, allowing you to concentrate on other things.
- Maintenance of business continuity: hard drive files can perish with any minimal crisis. Having your data stored in the cloud ensures its back up and saving. You can access information as soon as the risk ends, allowing you to minimize downtime and productivity losses.
- Fast communication and efficiency: you can share files and chat with co-workers in no time. They can access the information you want them to from any distance.
- Flexible work practice: as mentioned before, since your co-workers can check data from any distance, they can log in at home, during vacations, work trips, etc., as long as they have Internet connection.
- Access to automatic updates: your system will probably be updated regularly with the latest technology, like updated versions of software, server and computer processing power.
TRY OUR APP NOW!
DataScope is the ideal platform to help erase paper usage, save time and collect data efficiently from the ground. It allows your team to answer personalized mobile forms, even without internet connection, from their phones or tablets, logging in to the Datascope app.
All data is stored in The Cloud and it stays available to be visualized in real time, exported (Excel, PDF, Google Sheets) or added to other systems.